Advertisements
Nov 2017

Big 4’s – Do they create a better CA ? A big question

Download our Powerful Android App: Click Here to Download

Posted by SANYAM ARORA, a Guest Author of CA Rocks !!!

B.COM ( 1ST YEAR ) = 70 %  ( TOPPED IN SOL )
CPT                                = 73 %
IPCC GROUP 1           =60 %
IPCC  GROUP 2          = 56 %

Recently Awarded by VICE-CHANCELOR OF D.U ( MR DINESH SINGH) For securing 1 st position in B.com Ist year.

“Mehnat kar ne vaalo ko hi manzil prapt hoti hai”

“BIG 4’S – Do they create a Better CA?  A Big QUESTION”.

Friends After passing the group 1 of IPCC, the first question that comes in the mind of students is “what to do and which firm to choose” and in a hurry many of us take a wrong decision and we regret the whole of your life.

This is a very important decision which can make or Ruin our life. So as a part of “ERNST & YOUNG”, I Think I can be a great guide to all of you.

So lets go for it my friends –

First of all for better understanding of students following are counted in the BIG 4’S –

PWC ( Price Water House Coper Limited ), EY ( ERNST YOUNG ), KPMG and Delloitte.

These are very Reputed firms in terms of CA’S. I Know its really difficult to get selected in these firms because of their strict selection procedures. But once you get selected, your life will change my friend. Being a pary of EY for last 7 months, I have undergone a lots and lots of changes. I see a new sanyam now. I Can talk to clients in a very pleasant manner and my English has also improved a lot.

So there are many things which I want to share with all of you. So lets start the discussion –

Advantages of being in BIG 4’S –

1. Immense knowledge –

By working with big 4’s you become specialized in the area you have chosen. They provide you the best of the knowledge they can. Personally speaking I have learned a lot in the area of Indirect Taxation which I share with all of you. So its better to be a part of Big 4’s ( ONE POINT ).

2. Big Clients –

Another vital aspect of BIG 4’S is that they provide an opportunity  to work on big clients. I will share with you all my personal experience. The clients I work on are BMW, SAMSUNG, RICOH, etc. When I visit these clients I see how life works. You get to know how professional works  and their behaviour is too awesome. Whenever I visit these places I used to learn something new as well as it is called “Relation building”. I Get to meet the senior manager of SAMSUNG, so by visiting their place, you make a new contact which can help you in the future.

3. Trainings –

training

BIG 4’S also provide various trainings on the part in which you are not technically strong. This is called “Becoming a bright Professional”. Like what I got from EY is following trainings –

(a) Communication skills
(b) PMDP
(c)  Performance councels and many more.

4.Professionalisom –

positivity-and-professionalism3

The most vital part of being In BIG 4’S is you learn the each and every aspect of being a professional. While working with the professionals you learn a lot.

For example – How to behave, sit, eat, speak and when to speak and when not too!
And also how to manage pressure can only be learn by working with BIG 4’S and Medium firms.

5. Monetary Terms –

020911_FedReserve

I Know its not an important aspect in the learning stage, but when an intern gets the best he will provide the best to the firm. Thats the only reason the BIG 4’S pay the highest stipend.

6. After CA –

The best part of working with Big 4’s is that they recruit you as and when you become a CA and will pay you more in comparison to newly hired CA’s.

So these were some important aspects which i wanted to bring in front of you all.
I think its much to make you all satisfied for trying in BIG 4’S.

So never be afraid to try in BIG 4’S as it is said that ” Mehnat karne vaalo ko he manzil prapt hoti hai!

Advertisements

21 Comments on Big 4’s – Do they create a better CA ? A big question

1. Thanx for info but is it true that in big 4 there are department wise as in a article will be concerned wid particular dept and not in all areas like audit as well as tax

2. Hello Sir!! I’ve already cleared IPCC Group1 with 289 marks in Nov 2012 in first attempt and ‘ll be giving my Group @ in May 2013. For time being I’ve joined articleship in a local firm here. Am i eligible to continue my articleship in Big4 suppose if i pass in interview???

3. vijaya bhaskara reddy.iska // January 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM //

i want to join article ship in big 4,so please tell me how to face it and join please send details to my e mail id :bhaskariskareddy@gmail.com

4. rakesh yadav // January 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM //

Hi sir, i am cleared ipcc 1st group exam in may 2012 with 251 marks(first attempt) and give 2nd group exam in nov.2012. i want to join articalship in big 4 and also prsuring b.com 2nd year.please tell me about any way to join big 4.

5. mayank kumar pathak // December 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM //

hello sir,i v jst given my exams for ipcc both groups in nov. 2012 n m sure i’ll clear it. i v also gt 172 mrks in cpt n v a gud achadmic rcord too,m also pursuing b.cm hons 4m d.u. I jst wanted to b part of any of big 4 firms.cn u pls help me in ny way?? my email id is mayankpathak1121@gmail.com

6. Kavita saini // December 6, 2012 at 6:20 PM //

Helo sir. . . I have cleared 1st grp in may 2012(first attempt) with 288 marks nd given the examz of 2nd grp in nov. 2012. . .(163 in cpt). . . .nd i have excellent academic recods. . . . Bt i don’t have any refrence 2 apply in big 4. . . I wil b very thnkful 2 u if u wil forward my c.v. Nd arrange interview in big 4. . . . .my email i.d. is. . . Kvtsaini991@gmail.com

7. hi sir can you plz tel me how to aply for articleship in big 4….i hav given my xmas in nov 2012….both groups…..n i m sure that i vl pas it in the first attempt…..i got 158 in cpt……….plz suggest

8. Nitin Singh // August 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM //

HI SANYAM, YOU HAVE PROVIDED A LOT OF INFORMATION REGARDING BIG4 AND FOR THE FUTURE TOO. BUT I AM TRYING TO BE IN BIG4 FOR OVER LAST 1 YEAR BUT I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO FACE EVEN INTERVIEW. I CLEARED IPCC BOTH GROUPS IN 1st ATTEMPT(MAY2011). I STARTED MY ARTICLESHIP IN MAY2012 (AFTER 9 MONTHS) IN A VERY SMALL FIRM AND I AM NOT A BIT SATISFIED. I GOT 55% IN AGGREGATE WITH EXEMPTION IN ACC,AD. ACC, TAX. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN ATLEAST TRY TO CONDUCT MY INTERVIEW I WILL BE VERY THANK FUL. WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY..MY EMAIL-ID. SINGHNITIN82@YAHOO.IN

9. GAGANDEEP SINGH // August 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM //

plz help me to join big 4…………

10. GAGANDEEP SINGH // August 21, 2012 at 2:12 PM //

HI SIR I have cleared Ist group of IPCC in first attempt May 2012 can i get articalship in Big4

11. pratika khinvesara // August 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM //

thanks a lot sir ur advice is very helpful 4 me 4 taking the decision of my articleship..

12. jaya maity // April 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM //

Sir, i m an average student, i’m giving d may attempt & sure to pass this time..this is my 3rd attempt. Sir i hv a strong desire to get articlship in any big 4 firm…
    Is there any chance 4 me to get articlship in any big4 firm.. Please let me know if there is any hope 4 me..??????????

13. hey nice one..

14. Bhupendra singh // February 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM //

Sir, i m an average student, hv given my c.a ipcc exm in nov. And this is my 3rd attempt… And i thik this time i’ll pass this time. Sir i hv a strong desire to get articlship in any big 4 firm…

15. Anonymous // January 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM //

tell me.. how to apply in this firms??

16. Anonymous // January 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM //