Download our Powerful Android App: Click Here to Download
Allowing students to shift from one Elective Paper to another Elective Paper – (05-07-2017)
Sub: Allowing students to shift from one Elective Paper to another Elective Paper
Under the Revised Scheme of Education and Training, Electives have been introduced at the Final level in the following areas:
- Global Financial Reporting Standards
- International Taxation
- Financial Services & Capital Markets
- Risk Management
- Economic Laws
- Multidisciplinary Case Study
Students are required to opt for one of these Electives in Paper 6 of Final level and the examination of these Electives will be Open Book and Case Study based.
Since it is for the first time students would be attempting case study and open book based examinations, they may find it relatively difficult to attempt their papers and may like to switch over to other Elective than the one chosen at the time of registering for the Final course. For easing out the probable hardships of students, the Council has decided as under:-
- At the time of registration to Final, the student has to select one Elective from the list of Electives mentioned above.
- Student would get the relevant study material / other academic inputs on the basis of the Elective initially opted by him.
- At any time thereafter, any student would be allowed to change the option of elective and indicate the new option in the examination form.
- Once a student fills an option in the examination form, thereafter, he/she cannot change the option for that particular examination. Student has to write the elective opted for by him in the examination form.
- In case a student is not able to clear the examination in the chosen elective, he can opt for another elective, on filling the examination form for the next examination.
- If student wishes to procure the study material for a different elective subject than the one opted initially, he would have to purchase it separately. Exchange of study material of the initially opted elective with the newly opted elective will not be allowed.